The Last Two Months: 2012

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

November came by just like all the other months that passed this year. And it came to my attention that it was only about two months left before the end of 2012. Okay, so I thought: 2012, why you pass by so fast? Every year it’s like this. Every year. One second, I’m just a small town girl, living in a lonely world–oh, wait. Sorry, wrong line.  One second, I’m just a freshman in high school, and the next thing I know is that I’m here, now a high school junior. Time flies so fast…

So on the first day of November, I was still working my butt off doing my project for chemistry. I had been doing that for a week already, and I still had not finished it by then (A week! I might as well have been sleeping the whole time, trying to make up for my lack of sleep). Really… a comic book focusing on any of the topics we’ve learned so far–I could only do so much, considering I’m not really good at imagining my own characters. My parents were even asking me how I was doing, and every time I told them that I was still not finished, they would roll their eyes and say that what I’d done was enough already. Yep. The stress was eating me up. But then again, it’s always been like this…

Two days after, I finally finished my project. Success! (Believe me, sweet relief.) And then I find out that the due date was extended (At that point, I was ready to punch someone–but then I thought, Never mind. At least I’m done with that.) The next day, I was able to have some rest (This, I knew, was a temporary reprieve). That seemed fitting because it was a Sunday–rest day. Thank you, Lord, for giving me rest. 

That was how November started for me.

And it all goes downhill from there.

Well, no, not really. The rest of the month, as much as I can remember, was full of requirements that needed to be completed–quizzes, projects, long tests, etc. I even have proof. Just take a look at my monthly planner.


I cannot really remember the things I did when I was not busy with requirements, but I know that I had fun with my friends as usual. Sure, we had occasional fights and problems, but at the end of the day, we would always end in good terms with one another (That’s just how good friends we are, and I really appreciate their friendship. The people I am talking about–you know who you are.). November ended with a day free of classes–but not free of requirements, as usual. After almost three years of this, I cannot believe I’m still not used to all this.

December came by in a flash–faster than you could say ‘Christmas’. Eh, well, figuratively speaking.

Saturday, December 1, was Moira’s birthday (*insert recording of my horribly off-key voice singing the ‘Happy Birthday’ song* I tried, Moira. I really did.). I had lunch at their house along with Gervaise and Cheez. I loved the food. I loved the cake. I especially loved the cake. And I enjoyed spending time with them (I hope you enjoyed your birthday as much as I did, Moira.).

The next two weeks of my life were once again bombarded with requirements. I understood that we were all rushing our lessons and requirements because exams were almost at our doorstep, of course. I completely understood. (It was still very frustrating and stressful, though. Being honest here.)

On December 16, we celebrated my brother’s birthday. He was so happy and so was I. My parents even let me open my present from them (Honestly, I was not expecting anything.). We had spaghetti and fried chicken for dinner, and cake for dessert. Delicious. Funny thing was that I only got half of the cake left for my birthday because we ate the other half that night.

On my birthday the following day, it was the first day of exams for the third quarter. I was rather upset about the whole thing, seeing as it was also my birthday. But setting aside the exams, my day went well. My parents brought pizza during lunch time, and I went around and about our building giving pizza to my friends and teachers. Oh, pizza. You never fail to make us happy.

Three days later, after exams were finally over, we had our Christmas party. My friends enjoyed their gifts from me–you could guess that their gifts were food because food gives us so much happiness, especially to Dana–and I liked the gifts they gave me (either planners, notebooks, or notepads). I enjoyed the food as well, of course. Chicken, pizza, macaroni, ice cream, cupcakes–you name it. It was a really fun day.

The day after that was when my brother had their Christmas party. My mom and I had a day out, just the two of us, and we brought my brother food. Then we waited for him and the three of us watched ‘The Hobbit’ in SM cinema. Very nice movie, by the way. And a very good day, too.

I spent Christmas with my family in Manila, at my grandparents’ house. We also went shopping a few days before, and I was left with about only two hundred seventy-eight pesos out of two thousand five hundred pesos after buying seven new books (I’m sorry, I can’t help myself–the books.). My grandparents were really glad that we were with them on Christmas. But we had to leave and go home on the same day.

The days after Christmas were not out of the ordinary–we were at home most of the time, me curled up on the couch, reading a book. On the 27th, though, we attended the wedding of my dad’s friend. It was such a heart-warming occasion and the couple who got married are really sweet and meant to be together–anyone could see it. They were really in love. (Oh, how I wish for something like that, too. But all in good time.)

On New Year’s Eve, we were invited by our neighbors to have dinner with them. We accepted their invitation, and the food was delicious. There was a lot of excess food, though.

We were also invited by a family friend and had dinner the second time that night. I couldn’t eat that much anymore, but I did eat a little. Oh, so much food.  When we got home, it was around 10:30 pm, and we were going to stay up all night. This year, we no longer set up fireworks, and instead stayed inside our house, waiting for the New Year to come.

Thank you, Father, for giving us another year. 

Happy New Year, everyone. 🙂


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s